Jeans & Slippers Creations

Monday, April 14, 2014

100% Genuine Boy

Hi there!

Plans for today?
Well... if I don't get sidetracked again... I really need to plant my veggie seeds in the house.  I am SO anxious to get out there in my garden!  But first I have to get these seeds started!  :)

So today I'm posting a layout that was submitted at Feeling Sketchy (#86) Challenge Blog.  Since a friend has taken over the reigns I thought I would show some support by joining in on this challenge.  I probably will not be able to participate all the time... but I will give it a try!  :)
You can see the challenge here and all the inspiration from the DT too!  

The lovely sketch:
Sketch #86

Here's my layout titled: "100% Genuine Boy."
Our cute little grandson when he was around 3 years old!  :)

Supplies used:
Paper: My Mind's Eye
Pop Dots
Stars & Page Title: Cut from pp
Matte Mist
Dots Stencil
Wooden Word: Basic Grey
Liquid Pearls
Ice Stickles
Rick Rack

Liquid Pearls were dotted around some of the stars.

This cute title was cut from pp.  It was originally a large rectangle... but once I saw the burst from behind the title... I knew cutting it out would make a better title!  I only adhered it in the center and curled the ends up a bit for more dimension.

The stars were adhered with pop dots.  I used liquid pearls on the larger star and Stickles on the smaller stars... just dabbing a dot on each one and using my finger to cover the whole star.

Love these wooden words!    I used various liquid pearls and dabbed it all together using my finger.  
Yup... I got messy with this layout!  Not crazy about it... but sometimes using your fingers works the best!  :)

I hope you enjoyed my layout!
Thanks for stopping by!  :)



5 comments:

  1. How cute is this layout ! Love your stars ! Thank you for playing at Feeling Sketchy !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Libby this is a divine layout and so glad you joined in the fun with us at Feeling Sketchy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this page Libby! Your son's photo is so cute! iLove your page styling & all your closeups...terrific work.
    Thank you for playing with us at Feeling Sketchy.
    Debi - DT Co-ordinator @ FS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute cute cute page. Love all the embellishments and the stars turned out great ~ Michelle FS dt

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely layout. Thank you for joining the challenge at Feeling Sketchy

    ReplyDelete