Jeans & Slippers Creations

Thursday, April 3, 2014

Red, White & Blue Layout

Hey there!

Ugh!  One look at the floors in my house will tell you we're definitely in the "mud season!"  Oh my!  What a mess two dogs can create with their little footie prints!!  I'm not in a hurry to wash the floors... just to have them muddied again shortly after!  Ugh!
But... on the plus side... I will take all the MUD instead of SNOW!

In the middle of creating cards today... I also completed a layout!
This one was submitted at Soul Scrappers for their Cooking Up A List Layout Challenge (CUCC27).  You can see the info here.  You have until Apr 17 to play along!

The challenge is to choose 3 or more from the listing blow to create your page:
1. Add a list
2. Add bling
3. Have a music theme
4. Add one small photo
5. No handwritten journaling
6. Add some ovals
7. Add stickers
8. Add a mixed alpha title
9. Use a corner rounder
10. Double mount

Here's my layout titled, "Aim High."
I couldn't resist another red, white and blue layout... because this photo was taken after Andrew's graduation from Basic Training!  Love this photo!

I used the following from the list above:
1. Bling
2. Ovals
3. Stickers
4. Double mount

Supplies used:
Paper: The Paper Studio
3D Embellies: K&Co.
3D Circle: Reminisce
Banner: K&Co.
Ribbon
Flag Oval Die Cut
Gems/Bling: Home Made
Sketch: Page Maps (Sept 2010)

Glitter gems were added between the banners.

Lots of ovals here!  The top oval is a die cut from my stash.  The other ovals were cut from pp, highlighting certain words and then matted.  The 3D stars add a little dimension.

A trio of embellies were added below the photo.  The circle is my sticker.

Another look at the banner.

Thanks so much for stopping by!




No comments:

Post a Comment