Jeans & Slippers Creations

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Family Matters

Hello!

As the sun is shining and the snow is melting... I'm inside... but I am enjoying the lovely sunshine!!  I can't wait until it's warm enough to sit outside!!

I have a fabulous "green" layout to share with you today.
I know... It isn't St. Patrick's Day!

But it's a "green" layout inspired by this fun inspirational photo at Archi scraps for April!
I hope you will stop by and check it out.  You have ALL month to link up your layout.  You can see the challenge here.

Here's the Inspiration Photo:
And the criteria:  Triangles!

Our sponsor this month is SCRAPPERS GARDEN.  Be sure to stop by and check out all the gorgeous flowers that Linda makes!!  Lots of yumminess!  

The prize for April:
See!  I told you it was yummy!!!  :)

And now for the layout I created titled, "Family Matters."
This is my daughter and I chatting on the phone with Andrew.  It made Thanksgiving Day a little better by being able to chat together on the phone!  :)

Supplies used:
Paper: DCWV
String
Sticker Sentiments
EK Success Border Punch
SU Border Punch
Flowers
Large Crochet Circle: Webster's Pages
Smaller Crochet Flower: Kaiser Craft
Pop Dots
Paper Doilies
Bling: Home Made
Sketch: Page Maps (July 2013)

Triangles!!

A punched border was tucked behind the center strip of pp and a sticker added in the lower corner.

Another punched border was added at the very top of my page.  The crochet circle was placed over the doily and tucked behind the photo.

Here's a look at the triangles... with smaller ones adhered with pop dots for dimension.
 
The page title was tucked behind the flowers at the far right of my page.  Lots of bling is shooting from behind the row of flowers.  A tiny crochet flower was also tucked within the flowers.

The green flowers were actually single flowers... and too flat for my page... so I folded one of the flowers a couple of times and tucked the corner in the hole of the flat flower... and now I have a "full" flower!  Woo hoo!  :)

The banner below the photo.  And another doily was tucked behind the center pp strip.

Here's a closer look at the beautiful crochet circle!  Isn't it gorgeous!  I love it!

A closer look at the flowers and tiny crochet flower too!

Another look at the dimensional triangles!

Thanks so much for stopping by!
And don't forget to stop in at Archi scraps and check out the challenge for yourself!  :)



1 comment:

  1. Libby, you page is gorgeous!! LOVE the greens and a what you did with the triangles. Your daughter is beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete