Jeans & Slippers Creations

Thursday, September 24, 2015

Cactus Garden

Hello everyone!

It's a beautiful fall day here.  A little brisk outside but the sun is shining brightly!

I have a layout to share that was submitted at Soul Scrappers for their SSQ28 Challenge.
It's always fun receiving FREE goodies to create a layout!!  :)

The theme for this challenge is "In the garden" and here's a list of goodies received:

- 2 white flowers
- Wood pp
- Burlap
- Wavy fiber ribbon
- Butterfly
- Colored beads
- Mini cupcake liner
- Small gold ribbon

Extra points will be awarded for  adding "color" on your layout and "changing colors" of the embellies received.

This is my creation titled, "Cactus Garden."
My son and grandson standing in the "cactus garden" when we visited San Antonio, Texas in 2010.  You get to see how huge they really are when someone is standing in front of them!

Paper: DCWV, Circle Punches, Stickers, Mists, Letters: American Crafts, Gesso, Stencil.
Sketch: Page Maps

ALL the embellies received were used to create my layout.  Below describes how I used them.

The burlap was cut into a circle, misted and beads added in the center to create a flower.
The butterfly was also misted... and I found a butterfly sticker that fit nicely on top of it and added a single bead at the top.
The wood pp was cut into circles, the edges distressed and misted, layering them on the larger circle.

Gesso was smeared along the outer edges of the cardstock.  I also used a circle stencil to create shapes along two of the edges.
The flower die cut was misted, a cardstock circle added for its center and beads within and around the cardstock.
A tiny strip of burlap was tucked under one of the cardstock layers.

A closer look...

The tiny gold ribbon was added onto remaining strips of wood pp, cut into banners and tucked under one of the layers.

More burlap (misted) and tucked under the layers.

The fibers that were pulled from the burlap were knotted and used as photo corners... with a single bead in the center of each.

The right side of my page.

This flower die cut was also misted and beads added on each tip of the flower and in the center.  The stem was tucked under the photo mat.

The page title was added on the right of my page.
You can see the other photo corner above that.... and the other strip of burlap in the layers.

A closer look...

A closer look at the layered butterfly.  I only adhered the butterfly in the center so the "wings" would remain "free."

This bright, cheery die cut was cut from pp.
The remaining strip of burlap was tucked under the layer.

The wavy fiber ribbon was misted and tiny beads added randomly on it.

Thanks so much for stopping by!  :)

Tuesday, September 15, 2015


Hello everyone!

So excited to finally have my kitchen finished (with only a few more things to add) and functional!

I have to share a few photos with you!!  

I love my new kitchen!!  :)

And now for some scrap fun!
I have the pleasure of hosting the Lift Challenge (LIFT30) at Soul Scrappers this month.

This is the Lift I have chosen:
Scrap page made by Maja design team member Gabrielle Pollacco based on the January Mood Board (challenge)

There are so many things to "lift" from this layout!  First of all... check out all those layers!  Love it!  Then there's the doily, the swirls, flowers, beads, distressed edges, misting, banners, border punched edges, inking, a few buttons added randomly, burlap and stitching.

And here's my example layout titled, "#Summer."
I loved everything about the lift layout above and incorporated "most" of it on my example.
Always a fun time when the four of us get together... share some yummy foods and chat about how our summer was going, and telling all sorts of fun stories!  This was taken on a beautiful summer day last year.

Supplies used:
Paper: The Paper Studio, DCWV, Veneer Swirls & Page Title: Creative Embellishments, Spray Inks, Doily, Cheesecloth, Crochet Doilies, Moon Shadow Mist, Perfect Pearls, Liquid Pearls, Border Punch, Lace Trim, Flowers/Leaves, Beads, Burlap, Wood Veneer Strip.

Flowers and doily were misted with several mists.  The doily was tucked under the punched border between the layers.  The leaves were white and misted with green mist.  The flower was also white and was misted with two or three different mists.

Above the photo, the cardstock was slathered with water so I could manipulate it by scrunching, curling and tearing.  The crochet doily was cut in half for this portion and tucked in the opening with tiny misted flowers added.

In the upper left I added the veneer swirls which were also misted.  The flowers were misted with Moon Shadow Mist which has a sheen to it... really cool.  Beads were added in the flower centers.
In the upper corner of the page, I cut the four corners off a square crochet doily and tucked one under each corner.

Below the photo is a larger cluster of swirls, flowers and leaves.  Under this cluster is a bow made with string beads.  Cheesecloth was tucked under the cardstock layer on the far left.

The other half of the crochet doily was tucked in the lower left.

The page title was misted several times and using my finger added liquid pearls to the edges of each letter so it would pop a bit more.
The larger banner under the page title was cut from a roll of wood veneer with the edges rubbed with mists.
A strip of lace was tucked below the banner.

A few close up photos...

Cheesecloth was tucked along the right side of the page also.

Love these swirls!!

The green mist on these otherwise boring white leaves turned out awesome!

Tiny flowers were tucked within the swirls.

Thanks so much for stopping by!  :)