Jeans & Slippers Creations

Thursday, December 19, 2013

Our Christmas Dog

Hi there!
Happy Thursday to you all!
It's one of those lazy days for me.  You know... one of those days where you just stay in your pj's all day?  Well, that's me today.

I completed a few layouts yesterday.  Yup, trying to get my mojo going again.  It's slow but sure.

This layout was submitted at Soul Scrappers for their Cooking Up A Christmas Layout Challenge (CUCC23).  You can see the challenge here.

As well as creating a Christmas layout, you are to choose 3 or more of the elements below to add to your page:

1. Die cuts
2. Create your own Christmas tree
3. Red flower
4. Holly
5. Bling stick pins
6. Green cardstock background
7. Journal on a die cut
8. Twine
9. Red and green to be dominant colors
10. One larger photo and one smaller photo

Here's what I created.  My layout is titled, "Our Christmas Dog."
Our totally spoiled Zoe-dog, sitting in front of our tree... enduring the photo shoot I'm forcing her to partake in!!  She's so funny!

And here's what I used on my page, from the list above:
1. Create your own Christmas tree
2. Red flower
3. Holly
4. Red and green as dominant colors

Supplies used:
Paper: DCWV, Colorbok
Ribbon
Glitter Foam Presents
Felt Tree
Flowers
Holly Leaves
Sticker Letters
Gold Letters: Dear Lizzy Thickers
Home Made Bling
Sketch: Page Maps (Nov 2010)

A holly leaf was added in the upper left of the photo.

I used a combo of letters for the page title.... the gold letters are Thickers and regular square letter stickers.

The tree was hand cut from felt and little ornaments added on it using a hold punch.  The presents are glitter foam.

Red ribbon goes through the center of my page.  This is my flower cluster, with one red flower.  And to "spiff" it up a bit more, I added some swirly bling.

A closer look at the tree, bling and presents.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Soul Scrappers Design Team Member


No comments:

Post a Comment