Jeans & Slippers Creations

Friday, March 14, 2014

Kisses 4 Grampie

Hello,

I have a cute layout to share with you today that was entered at Turtle Soup for their Tuesday Tools, Tips & Techniques Challenge (3/4).  You can see the challenge here.

The fun sketch by Bev:
Image

And here's my layout titled, "Kisses 4 Grampie."
Love this photo of Max crawling up on Grampie to give him kisses!  So sweet!

There were two "tips" and "techniques" to try... and I did them both.  Hop on over to Turtle Soup to check it out!  :)

Supplies used:
Paper: gcd Studios
Twine
Burlap
Paper Flowers: Tim Holtz Sizzix Die
Stickers
Corner Rounder
Chipboard Number
Beads
Swirly Bling: Home Made
Distressing
Marker
Cardstock Letters
Walnut Ink Mist
Sizzix Star Die
Stencil

Using walnut ink and a fun bricks stencil I created this background.  The cardstock letters were traced with a marker along the edges.

The heart was distressed... and the number 4 is chipboard.  I found some fun stickers for the rest of my title.

Twine was wrapped in a circle several times and adhered only at the top behind the burlap star.  Well... it doesn't really look like a star... because some of the burlap pieces fell off... but it really is a star!  I added a small flower with beads in the center.

More paper flowers were added with beads in the centers.  I distressed the flowers with an embossing tool to give them some definition.   

A closer look at this cluster.

These beads are perfect for my flower centers!

Another look at the letters traced with a marker.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Turtle Soup Design Team



No comments:

Post a Comment