Jeans & Slippers Creations

Friday, March 14, 2014

Awesome Christmas Present!

Hello!

Here's a layout that was entered at Soul Scrappers for their Cooking Up A Layout Using Twine Challenge (CUCC26).  You can see the challenge here.

The criteria:
1.  Use embossed cardstock.
2.  Use twine in an innovative/interesting way.
3.  Add leaves.

Here's my layout:
One of my favorite gifts... scrapbooking paper!  Woo hoo!

1.  The red cardstock was embossed.
2.  Twine was used in a circle for the largest flower center... and even though you can't see it very well... I used twine to stitch a swirl above the photo.
3.  Leaves are behind one of the flowers.

Supplies used:
Paper: DCWV
Twine
Lace & Fabric Rosettes: Home Made
Gems: Home Made
Leaves
Darice Embossing Folder
Ribbon
Martha Stewart Border Punch
Sketch: Page Maps (Feb 2009)

Here's a better look at the stitched swirl... using twine.  Not an easy task... and my fingers got pretty sore stitching through layers of cardstock... but I did it!  I'm glad it wasn't a complicated or larger shape!!

The flowers are made using lace and fabric.  For the larger flower I added twine on a small cardstock circle then added a gem in the center. 

A closer look.

The embossed cardstock was also punched along one side. 

Here's another look at the swirls that I stitched using twine.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Soul Scrappers Design Team


No comments:

Post a Comment