Jeans & Slippers Creations

Saturday, March 15, 2014

Cutie Pie

Hi!

Finally... last but not least... I'm posting about MY challenge at Soul Scrappers.  A fairly new challenge called "Mark Your Calendar."

Not sure what it's about?  Well, each month I will choose an event or National Day and add a unique challenge to it.  You will also learn a little info about the specific day that I have chosen.  If you want to see the rest... you have to stop in at Soul Scrappers to check it out!  :)

And... Did you know there's an event or Holiday for EVERY day of the year?  Good grief... there are some really silly ones, some funny ones and then there are the ones we all know about such as Valentine's Day, Easter, Christmas, etc.

Ok... so now it's time to "play" along!  Remember, you have until April 14th to play along and add your project in the Gallery at S.S.  I will also be offering a prize!  Come on... let's have fun!!  :)

The "Day" I have chosen is:  March 9... which is...

Barbie's Birthday!


And the "Challenge" is to add PINK AND/OR BLING on your project.

Here's the layout I created titled, "Cutie Pie."
This is my adorable little niece when she was 8 months old!  Isn't she a cutie... and still is!!

As you can see... I used lots of PINK to create this layout.

Supplies used:
Paper: The Paper Studio, Colorbok
Flowers
EK Success Border Punch
Banner Punch
Ribbon
Tag Template
Darice Embossing Folder
Heart Sequin
Clear Sentiment Sticker
Paper Doily
Glass Beads
Gems: Home Made
Sketch: Page Maps (Mar 2012)

 
Lots of pink and white flowers!  Some are single flowers and others are layered.  The center gems have tiny glass beads around them and also scattered on the page.  See the next photo. 

Here's a better look at the beads.

This photo shows the beads on the flowers.

The page title was all one title, which wasn't going to work with my page... so I simply cut it in half.

A sequin heart was tucked in the flowers. 

The solid pink tags were embossed and ribbon was added just below the punched border.

More beads scattered beside the page title.

This is an even better photo of the flowers and beads.

I hope you enjoyed my layout... and maybe I even enticed you to hop on over to Soul Scrappers and play along too!

Thanks so much for stopping by! 

Soul Scrappers Design Team



No comments:

Post a Comment