Jeans & Slippers Creations

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

I Feel A Little Crazy

Hello,

This is a fun layout that was entered at Soul Scrappers for their Song and Lyric Challenge (SLC31).  You can see the challenge here.  Deadline for entries is March 27th.

The song title and words:
"Living in the Seventies" by the SKYHOOKS:

I feel a little crazy
I feel a little strange
Like I'm in a pay phone
Without any change
I feel a little edgy
I feel a little weird
I feel like a schoolboy
Who's grown a beard

I'm livin' in the 70's
Eatin' fake food under plastic trees
My face gets dirty just walkin' around
I need another pill to calm me down

I feel a bit nervous
I feel a bit mad
I feel like a good time that's never been had
I feel a bit fragile
I feel a bit low
Like I learned the right lines
But I'm on the wrong show

I'm livin' in the 70's
I feel like I lost my keys
Got the right day but I got the wrong week
And I get paid for just bein' a freak

I feel a little insane
I feel a bit dazed
My legs are shrinkin'
And the roof's been raised
I feel a little mixed up
I feel a little queer
I feel like a barman that can't drink a beer.

Here's my layout titled, "I Feel A Little Crazy."
I've had this photo forever (1985)... and knew that someday I would create a layout with it!
Here's the story...
It was a long weekend... and I wanted to go out with the girls... but, one of my very dear friends was sick and feeling a little down and wouldn't go anywhere... and I didn't want to go without her!  So... I got a little stir crazy and was determined to make her laugh... and wrote this note!  As she was taking the pic of me... she was laughing so hard!  It worked!  And... I survived the weekend without going out anywhere!  :)

I chose the first line of the lyrics: "I feel a little crazy" for my layout.  Very appropriate, I'd say!

Supplies used:
Paper: My Mind's Eye
Flowers
Bling: Home Made
Stencil
Walnut Ink Mist
Cardstock Letters
Clear Letter Stickers
Sketch: Page Maps (Dec 2009)

I used tiny letters and clear stickers for the page title.

I lightly misted the background paper and added lots of bling around each of the flowers.

More bling below the photo and glitter gems are in the flower centers.


I hope you will stop by again real soon!

Soul Scrappers Design Team


No comments:

Post a Comment