Jeans & Slippers Creations

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Family and Friends Are the True Gifts of Christmas

Hi there,

So excited to be able to scrap a little today!!  

This layout is super special to me not only because of the sweet photo of my grandson and I, but because it actually came together way better than I thought!

This was submitted at Sketches 4 All for their January Inspirations Sketch #2.  You can see the challenge here.

Here's the sketch:

And here's my layout: 
This is our grandson and I this past Christmas.  He's always so willing to have some fun when I say, "Let's take a picture!"  And what's a Christmas photo without Santa hats!!  :)

Supplies used:
Paper: Colorbok, The Paper Studio
Various Ribbons
Clear Sticker Sentiment
Dome Stickers
Flower
Gold Cording
Sequins
Home Made Mists & Inks
Gold Color Mist
Watercolor Pencil
Stencils
Gold Branches
Black Washi tape: Tim Holtz
Red Washi tape
Rick Rack
Cuttlebug Embossing Folder
Felt Santa Hat: Home Made 

I have had these gold branches in my stash forever... and was so glad I could finally snip off a piece for my page.  I stenciled behind the photo.  Various ribbons were cut for the arrows and washi tape was added along the left of the photo and below the photo.

Several mists were added.  I used a watercolor pencil to add some doodling too.  Now this was something "different" that I haven't done much of on a layout!  And... it was fun!! 

The cute little Santa hat was cut free hand from felt.  I added a gold flower and bow from gold cording.  Below the flower is a dome sticker and the sentiment was added right over the embellies.  White dots and red stars were randomly added too.

Here's a closer look at the embellies.  You can barely see the pencil circles I created.... but they're there!

Below the photo is washi tape and rick rack.  Another dome sticker was placed on the left corner of the photo.  Along the top and bottom of the page I added more pencil doodle lines.

I used a gold misting and stencil at the top of the page.  I also cut a piece of cardstock and embossed it.  Then got to work adding all the embellies.

Here's a closer look.
 
Isn't this Santa hat cute??  I also used the gold color mist at the bottom portion of my page... but most of it is behind the hat and flower.  You can just barely see it below the sentiment. 

Here's a better look at the stenciling, ribbon and washi tape.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Sketches 4 All Design Team


1 comment: