Jeans & Slippers Creations

Thursday, January 2, 2014

Mixed Media Card

Hello again!

I have a "mixed media" card to share with you today.  Something I don't try my hand at very often... and maybe not often enough.  I think if I worked at this a little more, then maybe it wouldn't be such of a challenge for me.

This card was submitted at Sketches 4 All for their January 2014 Design Team Anything Goes "Mixed Media" Challenge (JAN2014).  You can see the challenge here.

I decided on a wintry theme for my card... and used lots of layers and distressing.

Supplies used:
Paper: Webster's Pages, White Cardstock
Gesso
Distressing
Fabric
Stencil
Walnut Ink Mist
Mister Huey's Mist
Burlap
Gold Color Mist
Embossing Powder
Glitter
Sequin Snowflakes
Die Cut
Doily

I started with fabric and distressed the edges, pulling on the threads.  The edges of the cardstock was brushed with Gesso.  The next layer was brushed with Gesso also... then using a stencil, misted.

Here's a side view so you can see the layers better.

A closer look at the left side of my card.  Burlap was misted and brushed with inks.
The cute little die cut was distressed also and more Gesso brushed along the edges of the "sled" that she's on... and sprinkled with silver glitter.

Here's a better look at the right side of my card.  The snowflake sequins were pressed into ink, and coated with embossing powder then I got out my heat gun.  Something different I wanted to try to get a different effect with the plain, flat snowflakes.  Heating them made them curl and look pretty cool on my already distressed card.

I hope you enjoyed my card.
Thanks so much for stopping by!

Sketches 4 All Design Team



No comments:

Post a Comment