Jeans & Slippers Creations

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Cute

Hi there,

I am hosting a NEW challenge at Soul Scrappers called "Mark Your Calendar."  I hope you will stop by and check it out.  You can also see it here.

To tell you a little about it... I choose an event or National Day and create a challenge from it.  For example, my first challenge of the new year, I chose the day January 29 which is National Puzzle Day.

And the criteria is to use a puzzle piece(s) on your project.

Easy, right?  Well, it is!
So... hop on over to Soul Scrappers and check it out!

Here is my layout titled, "Cute."
This is our daughter chatting on the phone with her brother this past Thanksgiving.  Love how totally absorbed she is... and she didn't even know I was taking pics of her!  :)

Supplies used:
Paper: My Mind's Eye
Darice Embossing Folder
Layered Chipboard Banners
Ribbon
Bling: Home Made
Puzzle Pieces
Flowers
Bracket: K&Co.
Hearts Trim
Ink
Sketch: Page Maps (June 2008)

LOVE these chipboard banner letters!  I ran a thin ribbon through the top of them and just looped and adhered the ribbon where it landed.

The paper under the letters were embossed and an ink pad was lightly brushed over the raised portions.
I made the bling heart and adhered it over the chipboard bracket and photo.

My grouping beside the photo.  I started with the puzzle pieces, which is the original colors... that matched perfectly with our daughter's shirt.  Then I simply added bling and flowers.


Here's a closer look at the puzzle pieces, bling and cute hearts trim.

Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you will check out my challenge!! 

Soul Scrappers Design Team


No comments:

Post a Comment