Jeans & Slippers Creations

Sunday, January 19, 2014

Welcome Baby

Hello!

Another fun Soul Quest challenge at Soul Scrappers... all about babies!

The host of this fun challenge mails goodies to each person who wishes to participate and create your project.  Sign ups are required.  The more of the goodies you use, the better chance you have at winning fabulous prizes!

You can see the current challenge here

So this theme is "All About Babies."  
Here's a list of goodies that I received:
1. 2 die cut bears (tan and blue) - Can use both but MUST use at least one
2. 2 brads (foot-blue & hand-pink)
3. 2 buttons (blue)
4. 1 flower (glittery yellow)
5. 1 bow (yellow)
6. 1 animal (bunny)
7. Square of material (Red with teddy bears on it)
8. Length of ribbon (white)
9. Square of paper (with caterpillar)
10. Paper round (large flower)

I had the perfect photo for this challenge... and couldn't wait to get started on my layout titled, "Welcome Baby."
Our chubby daughter when she was just a few weeks old.  Love this sweet photo of her!!

What I did with some of the goodies received:
The blue foot and blue buttons were inked with a pink ink and embossed with clear embossing powder and placed below the photo.
The pink hand was used as the center of the lavender flower.
The yellow bow was added on the caterpillar in the upper right of my page.
One square piece of material was inked with white then pink to lighten it up and I tucked it under the photo.
Ribbon: Bow on tan teddy bear, larger button and threaded through the smaller button.

Supplies used:
Paper: My Mind's Eye
Martha Stewart Border Punch
Flowers
Clear Sticker Sentiments
Cardstock Heart Safety Pin

My cluster of embellies.  I started with the large round flower, then started layering.  I wasn't going to use the blue bear... but then I decided to tuck it behind the tan teddy bear.  The bunny was tucked in the cluster too... with one ear folded down.  The pink hand brad was used as a center for the lavender flower.

The square of material that I received was dark red... which didn't fit with my layout at all... so I turned it over, rubbed white ink over it and then brushed pink ink over it.  It lightened it up a bit... which was the desired effect I was looking for.
The buttons and foot were blue... and that didn't work with my page either... so after thinking about it awhile... I inked to tops with a dark pink ink and added clear embossing powder on them.  They turned out a bit purple... but that works much better than blue.  :)
Ribbon was tied into a bow on the larger button and the smaller button I just threaded the ribbon through it.

Here's a closer look at the buttons and foot brad... and the cute little bunny with the folded down ear.

Above the photo I added clear sticker words.  Tiny strips of papers were placed above it with a glittery flower.

The upper right of my page is this cute little caterpillar square paper.  I added the bow on it and matted the square onto darker pp.

Punched borders were added on each side of the dark pink pp.
The pink hand brad was placed in the center of the lavender flower.

Between the tiny strips of paper I added a sentiment "you are my sunshine."
I found some glittery flowers that matched the embossed brads and buttons... which was pretty cool!

A closer look at my cluster of embellies.  The remainder of the ribbon was tied into a bow and added on the cute little die cut bear.


Thanks so much for stopping by!
Remember to check out the challenges at Soul Scrappers and be watching out for the next Soul Quest!  :)

Soul Scrappers Design Team



No comments:

Post a Comment