Jeans & Slippers Creations

Thursday, February 20, 2014

My Birthday

Hello!
I have neglected my blog... and I had a very good reason to have set this all on the back burner for awhile.
But I won't be getting into that...

Here's a layout that was created quite awhile ago... and I'm just submitting it now at Soul Scrappers for their Sketch Challenge (SC74).  You can see the challenge here.

This is the sketch:
The criteria:  Use muted colors, chipboard and try to scrap someone else's photo.

And this is my layout titled, "My Birthday."
This is my sweet niece on her 13th birthday.  How do you like that cake?  Pretty cool, huh?  

I used muted colors.  The two small white flowers are chipboard.  And the photo is from my sister.

Supplies used:
Paper: DCWV
Die Cuts: DCWV
Flowers
Glitter Gems: Home Made
Chipboard Flowers
Rick Rack

 
One of the chipboard flowers was tucked within the pink flowers.

And another white chipboard flowers was also tucked in this cluster.  Rick rack was layered under the flowers.

I love that I didn't have to do much with the background on this layout.  Makes it so much easier.

More flowers were clustered to the right of the photo.

Here's a closer look.  The oval tag was tucked under the photo.. and the number "13" was added on it. 

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Soul Scrappers Design Team


No comments:

Post a Comment