Jeans & Slippers Creations

Friday, February 28, 2014

Family Is Everything

Hi there!

I worked on this layout most of the day.  I had a hard time to get it the way I wanted... and I was unsure of how I really wanted to create my layout!  Grrrrr!
I hate "wasting" so much time on a layout!

So... this layout was submitted at Soul Scrappers for their Lift Challenge (LIFT10).  You can see the challenge here.

This is the layout to lift:


And here's my layout titled, "Family Is Everything."
This photo was taken several years ago... while we were at a restaurant a couple of hours away.  I love taking random photos!  All I say is, "Ok... I'm taking a picture!"  I don't give them much time either... and this is what I got!!  :)

Supplies used:
Paper: DCWV
Yarn, Twine, String
Chain
Cardboard Shapes
Cardstock Stickers: Deja Views
Glass Beads
Blue Beads
Sizzix Dies: Hearts, Leaves, Flowers, Fence, Keys
Corrugated Cardboard
Cuttlebug Embossing Folders
Various Color Mists
Distress Stains
Alcohol Inks
Embossing Powders 

The keys were misted and embossed... and a chain was wrapped around them before adhering them onto the circle.

A closer look at the circle which was created using yarn, twine and string... which is hard to see because of all the hearts and flowers on top of it!
Each of the hearts were embossed and brushed with alcohol inks.

I decided to add the page title in the lower corner of my page.

The smaller flowers were misted with gold and then lightly misted with blue.  I used an embossing tool to press into each petal and in the center of the flowers to curl them up and give them more definition.  A blue bead was placed in their centers.

You can see some of the fibers used for the circle.  The fence was misted, inked and randomly sprinkled with embossing powder.  Glass beads were used for all the smaller flowers.
Another sticker was tucked under the heart which says, "Togetherness."  I clustered three different size flowers on the heart and added a bow at the top of the heart.

More leaves were tucked behind the fence.
 
The leaves were also dry embossed... misted and sprinkled with embossing powder and then a final coat of distress stain.

A closer look at the keys.

I hope you enjoyed my layout!
Thanks so much for stopping by!

Soul Scrappers Design Team


No comments:

Post a Comment