Jeans & Slippers Creations

Sunday, January 29, 2017

Resolutions...

Hello everyone!

Do you make New Year's Resolutions?  
You you have good intentions, but they never seem to materialize?
Do you keep trying to make new resolutions each year?
Or do you just say, "Forget it?"

Well, I am hosting a challenge at Soul Scrappers called One Word Challenge.
Simply create your layout, card or other project based on or around the word I choose each month.

I hope you will head on over to Soul Scrappers and check it out.... and while you're there, check out all the other challenges too!

But, back to the challenge I am hosting....

The word I have chosen is:

RESOLUTIONS

What do you think of when you hear this word?

Here are a few definitions I searched around to find:

1.  A firm decision to do or to do something.

2.  A formal expression of opinion or intention.

3.  The act of finding an answer or solution to a conflict, problem, etc.

4.  The act of resolving something.

5.  An answer or solution to something.

6.  The ability of a device to show an image clearly and with a lot of detail.


Resolutions is a "bad" word for me.  That's probably the reason why I stopped making any sort of resolution these last 10+ years.

Well, this year, I am determined (Haha) to stick to the ONE resolution I have made:
To continue exercising to stay in shape and be healthier.

Anyone that knows me, knows that I have exercised since I was a teenager.  Geesh... that was a LONG time ago!  (Not really)  :)

Anyhow, this is something I need to do for myself first.... and second for my family and loved ones.

Without anymore yapping... 
Here is the layout I created appropriately titled, "Resolutions"
Yup, this is me.  I love wearing very cool, bright (very bright) workout clothes.
For those of you who have seen me walking outside during the Spring, Summer and Fall months know I love bright walking gear!  And bright walking sneakers!  :)

Flowers were clustered at the lower corner of my photo... with some bling.

I found some pics online to help me (and my mind) clarify that I really need to continue with this challenge.
Letters were added on double matted banners.

More target words for my mind to take in... and keep telling myself this is REALLY what I am going to do!

I added a crochet flower with a pearl in the center.

A crochet doily was tucked under the matted photo.


And here are a couple photos for a closer look.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

I do hope you will check out my challenge at Soul Scrappers.
And while you're there, take a look around at all the other fun challenges.

You won't be disappointed!  It's a really cool place to be!

Till next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment