Jeans & Slippers Creations

Sunday, April 9, 2017

"Friends" Card

Hello everyone!
I hope you all had a wonderful weekend!  Did you do anything fun?  Do tell... I would love to hear it!

It's a sunny Sunday morning and I have several projects completed for challenges now live at Soul Scrappers.  Why not check them out?  All you have to do is sign up (which is Free) and then you will have complete access to the site.  You can check out all the inspiration in our Gallery as well as the variety of challenges too!

My first post is a card made specifically for Soul Scrappers.  It's a Card Challenge... and all you have to do is create a card using the word "FRIEND(S)."

Here's my card using the quote, "That's What Friends Are For"
Lovin how this card turned out, with lots of layers!

Each layer was white-washed with watered down Gesso as well as misted.
Gesso was brushed along the bling also... to "tone it down" a bit.

The lace was also misted and brushed with mixed media.
 
The flowers were brushed with metallic watercolors and maybe misted too (I forget).

Here's a better look at the flowers.  They were solid, bright colors, but by adding watercolors and mists to them, they seem to match the rest of the card now.  The leaves were also brushed to down them down.

And that's my card!
I hope you enjoyed my post.

Till next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment