Jeans & Slippers Creations

Thursday, May 1, 2014

Travel

Hello!

Once upon a time I traveled to a land far away...

This layout is my entry for the Archi scraps May Challenge.  You can check out the site here.  Keep scrolling down to see the prize being offered this month!

The inspiration photo:

The criteria:
Misting

Here's what I created titled, "Travel."
This was an amazing resort that I went to with friends a long time ago.  Beautiful and peaceful... what more could I ask for?  :)

I was inspired by all the bright colors from the inspiration photo as well as the white trim and the water.
The background and blue pp were misted using various mists and stencils.

Supplies used:
Paper: The Paper Studio, Colorbok
Twine
Stencils
Walnut Ink Mist
Blue Color Mist
Metal Tags
3D Embellies: K&Co.
Chipboard Word
Stickers 
EK Success Border Punch
Sketch: Page Maps (June 2010)

I wrapped the twine around my page a couple times and tied it in a bow.  The chipboard circle was added on top.  Above that is a metal tag with a sticker over it.

A better look at the misting.

More misting in the lower portion of my page.  Another metal tag was added with an arrows sticker over it.

Here's my cluster of various embellies... metal tags, 3D and stickers.  Two different colors of twine was looped behind them all. 
 
A little lighter misting going on here... but you can still see it.


Now... here's the best part!  
Submit your entry and you could win this fabulous prize from Mystical Scrapbooks:
Aren't these flowers gorgeous?

Donna Cope's photo.

Hope to see your entry at Archi scraps!
And don't forget to check out all the great inspiration from our lovely DT!

Thanks for stopping by!  :)



No comments:

Post a Comment