Jeans & Slippers Creations

Sunday, May 11, 2014

#Girls

Hi there!

Yay!  I found out there was actually going to be a scrapbooking convention this past weekend!  So, that's where I was Saturday.  Not a lot of booths... but I still found some cool scrappy stuff!  (All smiles)!

Do you love challenges?
Well, have I got a deal for you!
I'm hosting a Quote Challenge (QC36) at Soul Scrappers and hope you join the site (it's FREE) and play along with us.  I'm also offering a prize to one random winner.  :)

Here's my quote for this round:

"Be a girl with a mind,
A woman with an attitude
And a lady with class."
-Author Unknown


Isn't this a cool quote?  I immediately thought of the photos that my sister took of my niece and I goofing off before our meal arrived.

This is my layout titled, "#Girls."
Totally hilarious watching my niece try to make the "fish lips!"  Man did I laugh!  I don't even know how I showed her how to do this... because you cannot laugh and do the fish lips at the same time!  Trust me, I know!  :)

Here's the right side of my page.

I found a scrap piece of lace and adhered it to the back of the chipboard heart and then trimmed around the edges.  The heart was misted with a pearl mist.

Some of the papers were also misted.  Washi tape was added along the left of the photo and a small strip above the photo.

A closer look at the #word!  This one was heavily misted with pearl mist also.
The lace flower was fussy cut from the remainder of the lace.


The embossed pp was lightly brushed with ink to enhance the raised portions.  A border punch was used along the edges in a couple spots.

Thanks so much for stopping by!



No comments:

Post a Comment