Jeans & Slippers Creations

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Daddy

Hi there!
Thank goodness the wind has calmed down!
Wondering when we will ever get out of this deep freeze!  Ugh!

This layout was created for the Quote Challenge (QC45) at Soul Scrappers.  You can see the challenge here.  You have until Mar 9th to get your layout submitted.

I chose the quote: "Sometimes you have to be your own hero" and here's my layout titled, "Daddy."
This is my father.  Sadly, I have no idea what year this was taken.  I don't have very many photos of him, so I treasure the ones I do have.
He was an avid outdoorsman!  He loved hunting, fishing, snow sledding, bowling, was a superb carpenter and very creative too!  He loved life and enjoyed it to its fullest!
He was definitely my HERO!

Paper: Colorbok, DCWV, Chipboard, Twine, Stickers, Mist.
Sketch: Page Maps

The background was misted.  The twine was twisted and adhered under the tabs.  The journaling block and tiny tag are chipboard.

I cut the trees and larger circle from pp.

The tag was tucked behind the photo with a chipboard circle on it.
My page title is a clear sticker added right on the photo.


I do hope you will stop by Soul Scrappers and check out all the fun challenges!
See you there!

Thanks so much for stopping by!  :)



No comments:

Post a Comment