Jeans & Slippers Creations

Tuesday, July 14, 2015

The World Is Mine

Hello all,

It's a beautiful sunny day out!
Remodeling is still going on at my house.  I will thoroughly enjoy when it is finished!  :)

In the meantime, this layout was completed for a Soul Quest Challenge (SSQ27) at Soul Scrappers.  These challenges are so fun and each one has a theme.  This one is "On the Road."  All you have to do is complete the required number of challenges and get signed up.  You will receive FREE goodies to complete your project.

The goodies I received:
1. Bus/train ticket
2. Two pieces of pp
3. A piece of mesh
4. A piece of muslin
5. Some road signs
6. A piece of ribbon
7. A piece of twine
8. Some die cuts
9. Some rub ons
10. Some buttons

Along with trying to use up as much of the goodies as possible, the additional challenge is to use "COLOR."

And here's my layout titled, "The World Is Mine."
My dear friend and I, along with my dog, embarked on a road trip half way across the U.S. 
What an amazing and unforgettable journey we had!  :)

I used ALL the bits and bobs received. 
Paper: DCWV, Washi tape, Mists, Stickers, Stencils, Gesso, Paperclip, Gelatos, Dew Drops
Sketch: Page Maps

The heart is a lace sticker.  I used white cardstock behind the die cut so it would show up better.
A strip of the mesh was used as a border above the photos and behind the heart.

The flowers were stenciled with Gesso.  When that dried I misted them with several different mists.
The ribbon is used as a flower center with one end curling over the other flower.

Colorful washi tape is used as borders.  
In the upper corner I layered the buttons with silver dew drops.

The rest of the muslin was distressed and placed under the photo.  It was also misted with several mists.  You can just see the ends sticking out from behind the photo.
A couple of the pp received were cut in half and layered behind my page title.

Love these cute little car rub ons!
More buttons with dew drops on them. 

Another rub on car is in the upper corner.
The "ticket" was misted and added over the photo of Zoe sitting in the back seat of my car, content as ever!  :)

A closer look at the journaling and embellies received.

A button and silver dew drop were added in the center of the die cut.
One of the pp pieces were cut in half and tucked behind the photo... leaving the word "Adventure" peeking out.
A piece of the muslin was misted, twisted and knotted on each end, acting like a photo corner.

The long strip of pp I received was cut up... and this one was used to add journaling.  The small road signs were paper clipped on the side, and one more rub on was added in the lower corner.
The mesh was cut in half and used as a border on the photo to the far left.

A closer look at the flowers.  I traced and cut washi tape to place on some of the flower petals.  The other petals were rubbed with Gelatos to add a little more color.

A different washi tape was used for these flower petals.

I used a marker to cross out "Yours" and placed "Mine" stickers just below it...which was a more appropriate title for my trip!
I used some of the rub ons below the word "mine" and beside the word "the."

Thanks so much for stopping by!  :)



No comments:

Post a Comment