Jeans & Slippers Creations

Friday, February 20, 2015

Just Stop!

Hi there!

My layout for today was entered in the Song/Lyric Challenge at Soul Scrappers.
You can see the challenge here.  Deadline for entries is Feb. 26th.

My sister and I at a buffet restaurant.  Oh my did we eat a LOT of food!  We couldn't stop!  We just kept going to check out all the yumminess and we would end up with another plate!  It was crazy!
We could hardly move when we finally waddled out of there!  I told her I wasn't going there again! 

Paper: Paper Studio, Gems, Glitter Swirls, Stickers, Journal Die Cut, Border Punch.
Sketch: Page Maps

The song for this challenge is: "Love Will Keep Us Together" by The Captain and Tennille.

Here are the lyrics:


Love, love will keep us together
Think of me, babe, whenever
Some sweet talkin' girl comes along
Singin' his song, don't mess around
You just got to be strong

Just stop, 'cause I really love you
Stop, I'll be thinking of you
Look in my heart
And let love keep us together

You, you belong to me now
Ain't gonna set you free now
When those girls start
Hanging around, talking me down
Hear with your heart and you won't hear a sound

Just stop, 'cause I really love you
Stop, I'll be thinkin' of you
Look in my heart
And let love keep us together, whatever

Young and beautiful
Someday your looks will be gone
When the others turn you off
Who'll be turnin' you on
I will, I will, I will

I will, be there to share forever
Love will keep us together
I said it before and I'll say it again
While others pretend
I need you now and I need you then

Just stop, 'cause I really love you
Stop, I'll be thinking of you
Look in my heart
And let love keep us together, whatever
I will, I will, I will, I will

You better stop, 'cause I really love you
Stop, I've been thinkin' of you
Look in my heart
And let love keep us together, whatever
I will, I will, I will, I will


Several black swirls were added on the circle with a die cut arrow over it.

Isn't this pp cool?  I can't believe I actually found it in my stacks and stacks of papers!

For a pop of color I added a punched border strip and added a few paper strips to the left with a gem on one of the hearts.

The heart strip just below the photo was actually from the top of the pp pack.  Thought it was cool and used it on my layout.
Various stickers and die cuts were used just below the photo with the page title on the two circles and journaling below that.

I chose the words: "Just Stop" from the lyrics above.

Gems were added on the pp flower stems.

Stop by Soul Scrappers and check out all the fun challenges!

Thanks so much for stopping by!  :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment